Thursday, September 18, 2008

Temple Ready!!

We are finally TEMPLE READY!!!!

Well Mike and I went shopping for temple clothes today. When we got there I didn't know what to expect so for some reason I was a little nervous, but it was really neat and the lady was really good to us and helped us out with everything we needed. We got measured for our garments and when we went to pick them out I had this warm feeling come over me and I got the goose bumps, and my eyes filled up with water, I looked over at Mike and his face had the biggest smile on it, one I had never seen before. As we were checking out I couldn't stop thinking that in a couple days I actually get to wear these sacred clothing, we have been waiting a while to do this. As we were leaving and riding to Provo to eat lunch at Brickoven Mike looked at me and I looked at him and at the same time we both said, "I cant wait tell Tuesday so I can get rid of my old and wear the new." Then we looked at each other and realized that it is actually happening. We are really excited to have this happen. It is great to have this goal finished and its on to the next, Temple Night as much as possible. Thanks Jon and Kaye for helping us out today.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

What a nice post, there is something pretty special about the temple and the sacred clothing you get to wear. We are looking forward to that day too. We are so proud of both of you and the choices you've made so far, McKinley is so lucky to have you as her parents. You will feel your grandparents arms wrapped around you in the temple that day as well, you will have a warm feeling then to. Love, Mom

Kristen said...

We are really excited for you guys.
Your post really touched me. Tears are rolling down my cheeks. We love having you our family. I wish we lived closer so I could do more with you.
This will have to do.
Love ya Kristen

alaynamarriott said...

I am so excited for your cute family! What an amazing experience to share together. I am so sorry we won't be there to share your special day with you (under my very pregnant circumstances.) I doubt my doctor would go for that one. Can you imagine if both of us went into labor in the temple.....now that would make for a good story. I am so happy you get to meet that baby this week! I'm anxious to see her darling little face! Good luck, and know we are thinking about you!

Meg said...

We are so excited for you and will be thinking about you all day today. I hope it's a beautiful day and one you will always remember and cherish! Congrats! That's so great to have a goal of temple nights as much as possible, too.

Shortcake and Company said...

I'm so excited for you and Mike, Kaitlyn. I heard it was beautiful yesterday. I'm sorry I couldn't be there! I'm sure you are so excited for tomorrow and McKinley's debut...wow! What a week!