Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A tribute to Grandma White, and my Dad

Ok so this song Christmas Shoes is probably my favorite Christmas songs, I heard it a couple years ago and I really listened to the words. Well the first thing that came to my mind when I heard it was my dad. Well for all of you that dont know my dads mom was really sick with MS, and was in bed for alot of years, well for some reason this song just reminds me of my dad. My dad is very thoughtful and caring when it comes to Christmas time, there were alot of times that my dad didin't get alot for Christmas but what he did get he was thankful for and from the stories he tells me, it sounds like my grandma was an amazing women. So when I heard this song my dad came to mind cause I know he would have done this for her. So sit back and enjoy this song I hope it touches you the way it touches me everytime i hear it. Yes I cry everytime to. Thanks Dad, your great, cant wait to meet Grnadma on the other side.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome. I too think of Dad and Grandma White with this song. Dad loves to give gifts, he doesn't really seem to enjoy getting them, I just think he doesn't really know what to say but I love to see the look on his face when someone opens a gift that he picked out. He really enjoys giving ans making others happy. I too can see him buying Grandma shoes so she looks pretty. He always likes his girls to look pretty. I love when he shops for things Mom would like or when he compliments me on a new hair style. He is so thoughtful and knows how to make a girls feel good about herself.

Stuart said...

She was a very Special Mother. The part I love the most is that I know in my heart that all of you got to know her before you graced my life here on this earth. I'm sure that she said to be good to me and fill the empty hole in my heart,that was left after she was gone, with your love. It has worked!!

Tori Mitchell said...

Have you ever seen the movie that goes with the song? It's really neat!I cry too!